April 25, 2021
Join Dale and our regular panel of experts for our live broadcast on WAAM 1600am and WDTK 1400am – Sunday at 5:00pm ET. (4:00pm CT, 3:00pm MT, 2:00pm PT)
Have something to share? Call in during the program to ask your question or offer a comment. 734-822-1600
Benefits & US Wings Jacket Giveaway - April 2021
VA Benefits Experts on Deck
This is our monthly program on the VA and your benefits. In addition to questions from our listeners we are going to discuss the Aid and Attendance benefit and possible suspension of this benefit if the veteran is placed in a facility such as a nursing home.
An important note for all veterans => Keep your VA contact information (phone number, address, email address) and marital status updated in a timely fashion. This assures that you will receive notifications from the VA and enables the VA to administer to your needs.
Our guests on this program:
- Dr. Ginny Creasman, Medical Center Director for VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Dr. Raghuram Matta, Deputy Chief of Staff, Detroit VA Health Care System
- Brig. Gen. Carol Ann Fausone (ret), Legal Help for Veterans
- Michael G. Smith, Jr., Director of Washtenaw County (MI) Dept. of Veteran Affairs
- Brian Hayes, Public Affairs Officer, VA Ann Arbor Michigan
- Bill Browning, Chief Volunteer and Community Relations, Detroit VA Health Care Systems
Recap from the Detroit VA
We are currently offering a vaccine clinic 6 days/week at the Detroit VA main campus and on select days at our outpatient clinics in Pontiac and Yale. Veterans can call their primary care clinics or the Call Center at 313-576-1051 for scheduling an appointment. We offer the Moderna vaccine. Also we expect to resume offering Janssen Vaccine later this week.
Here are the totals for Detroit VA vaccine distribution (as of April 23, 2021):
- 12725, 1st doses of Moderna and 11775, 2nd doses of Moderna
- 227 – single-doses of Janssen
- Daily doses administered – 200+/day
- We have hosted 2 community vaccine clinics – Detroit and Southgate
- We continue to provide care for all treatment issues for patients and encourage patients not forego care
- Detroit VA outreach continues online via our social media portals (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) – in addition to Wellness Wednesdays each week, we host an average of 3 streaming events per month targeting the Veteran community on a variety of subject matter (benefits, whole health, women’s health, etc.)
Please Give Us Your Feedback
Below is an area where you can rate this program on a 5-star rating system. You can also leave more detail in a comment section below the "Related Posts" section.
Sharing this post with your friends through social media is a way of sending "kudos" to the Veterans Radio team and their guests. Please use the icons below.
All feedback is appreciated as you, the audience, help us determine the programs we present.