Veterans Benefits – AUGUST 2022
- Jeff and Janna Yeakey, FreedomRiverFlows.org
- Bryan Bradford, VeteransConnected.org
- Brig Gen Carol Ann Fausone (ret) – Legal Help for Veterans
- Brian Hayes – Communications Director, Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System
Join Dale and guests for our live broadcast on WAAM 1600am and WDTK 1400am – Sunday at 5:00pm ET. (4:00pm CT, 3:00pm MT, 2:00pm PT)
Click here to stream WDTK and WAAM
Have something to share? Call in during the program to ask your question or offer a comment.
Veterans Benefits - August 2022
What’s the PACT Act and how will it affect my VA benefits and care?
The PACT Act is perhaps the largest health care and benefit expansion in VA history. The full name of the law is The Sergeant First Class (SFC) Heath Robinson Honoring our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act.
The PACT Act will bring these changes:
- Expands and extends eligibility for VA health care for Veterans with toxic exposures and Veterans of the Vietnam, Gulf War, and post-9/11 eras
- Adds more than 20 new presumptive conditions for burn pits and other toxic exposures
- Adds more presumptive-exposure locations for Agent Orange and radiation
- Requires VA to provide a toxic exposure screening to every Veteran enrolled in VA health care
- Helps us improve research, staff education, and treatment related to toxic exposures
If you’re a Veteran or survivor, you can file claims now to apply for PACT Act-related benefits.
More details from the VA or CALL 1-800-MYVA411
Freedom River – Relax, Recover and Rejuvenate
From camping, activities and training facilities for veterans, their families and active service members of the U.S. military – Freedom River takes a complete community and outdoor recreation approach.
To support Freedom River: www.freedomriverflows.org
Please Give Us Your Feedback
Below is an area where you can rate this program on a 5-star rating system. You can also leave more detail in a comment section below the "Related Posts" section.
Sharing this post with your friends through social media is a way of sending "kudos" to the Veterans Radio team and their guests.
All feedback is appreciated as you, the audience, help us determine the programs we present.
All Gave Some. Some Gave All. Always Remember